Project Coordinator: HEAL-CA
Public Health Advocates brings a public health lens to today’s most pressing problems, helping communities to pass laws, reform systems, and establish norms that foster justice, equity, and health. We are a diverse team of creative, strategic, tenacious people committed to tackling the unjust systems that continue to leave far too many Californians behind.
Public Health Advocates has an immediate opening for a project coordinator position to support our California Healthy Eating, Active Living (HEAL-CA) Cities Campaign, a statewide initiative to expand the role of cities and counties in preventing diabetes and obesity by adopting policies that address access to physical activity and healthy food.
The HEAL-CA Project Coordinator will coordinate events, track and facilitate sub-contracts and provide administrative support to HEAL-CA staff and partner agencies. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, experienced at planning events and meetings, works well independently, comfortable with technology and an excellent problem-solver.
- Scheduling support for all HEAL-CA team meetings and team members who conduct business with city leadership, community members and partners.
- Send communication materials and represent the HEAL-CA project to interested community members
- Maintain a master contact list for HEAL projects, receive and organize Technical Assistance (TA) requests. Ensure the list is accurate, relevant contact information is updated
- Take meeting minutes and track action items for HEAL-CA strategy meetings and public engagement meetings
- Travel planning support for HEAL-CA team members (finding budget eligible lodging, and transportation)
- Coordinate the creation and submission of expense reports and quarterly reports by tracking, compiling and distributing documents to staff and partners
- Compiling evaluation documents
- Assembling documents and presentation materials for HEAL-CA
- Interface with nonprofits, institutions and local city governments to manage and track grants and subcontracts.
- Serve as the point of contact for stakeholders of our Park Bond Equity Project.
- Plan, coordinate and run logistics for monthly project meetings.
- Provide admin support, scheduling and coordination for virtual Learning Community meetings that include local coalitions across the state.
- Participate in assigned scheduled agency meetings, in-service trainings, conferences and other trainings as determined by the supervisor.
- Observance of assigned working hours and program appointments by demonstrating promptness and thorough preparation.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Google docs, Microsoft Outlook email and calendar functions
- Availability to travel to team meetings throughout the state
- Availability to work evenings and weekends
- This is a part-time, non-exempt position in the greater Los Angeles area
- Pay range: $15.31-$17.00 per hour (commensurate with relevant experience)
- Eligible for full health benefits available to spouses, domestic partners and dependents
- Application period closes June 24, 2020
- Position is primarily telework
- Position available immediately (anticipated start date July 15, 2020)
- Volunteer and/or internship experience with community organizing, local policy advocacy, active transportation, parks and/or healthy food-related nonprofit organizations or government agencies
- Spanish language proficiency
Submit cover letter, resume, 3 references, and writing sample by email to: Sergio Zepeda, Director of Administration: SZ@PHAdvocates.org.
Public Health Advocates provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.